Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Books I'm looking forward to in 2009

I've been waiting on pins and needles for a few books to come out. I got so distracted by the new year that I forgot to run to the bookstore last week to buy these two highly anticipated reads: Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole and Witch Heart by Anya Bast. Both are obviously paranormal romance/urban fantasy.

I started reading Kresley Cole back in August, when I read Dark Needs at Night's Edge. From that point on, I was hooked. I read the first four books really fast. I've had Dark Deeds at Dusk (the 5th book) for a few months, but I was waiting to read it until Kiss of a Demon King was out. Which is NOW! Color me excited. The two books actually go together as they are about the Woede demon brothers, Cadeon and Rydstrom. Super hot with horns pretty much sums it up. I figured I wouldn't want to read one brother's story and not have the other one handy, so I've made myself wait. But, on Sunday, you can bet I'll be at B&N picking up this sexy gem:





My other anticipated read is Witch Heart, the third book in the Elemental Witch series. The Witch books are fun, sexy reads which feature a clan of witches fighting off evil demons and warlocks. Each of the witches has an affinity with an element: earth, air, fire, and water. Some of the powers are pretty cool--being able to use air/wind to hear conversations miles away, for example. The previous books were Witch Fire and Witch Blood.




After that, I don't know what I'll do with myself. Break out the Shakespeare?

Or, continue with my new Netflix addiction...

No comments: